Darlene Weldon, MS LPC
I received my B.A. in Psychology and Philosophy from Texas Tech University, and my M.S. in Counseling Psychology from Avila University. Over the years in private practice I have developed a specialty in helping children and adults with anxiety, OCD, and Aspergers. Other issues that I enjoy working with include behavioral concerns, self-esteem, school and social issues for children and career counseling, parenting issues, relationship issues and life changes for adults. I also provide personality and career testing, as well as screening for several issues such as depression, anxiety, OCD, and autism/Aspergers.
Whether you participate in individual counseling, group counseling, family counseling, play therapy or enrichment classes, I hope you will find Oasis to be a welcoming place where you can find comfort, support, information, insight and inspiration.
Association for Play Therapy
American Counseling Association
Association for Creativity in Counseling
Greater Kansas City Grief Network
National Career Development Association
Post-Masters Supervised Counseling Experience 8/08—10/10
- Heritage College
- St. Monica's School and Play Therapy Center
- Swope Behavioral Health Services
- Solace House
- Avila University
- Grandview Alternative School
Relevant Employment History:
- Psychology Instructor, Heritage College (3 years)
- Substitute Teacher, Gifted and Special Ed, Park Hill School District (11 years)
- Birth Doula (10 years)
- Certified Childbirth Educator, North Kansas City Hospital (6 years)
- Childcare Director, Unity Church of Overland Park (5 years)
- Social Service Worker, Missouri Division of Family Services (5 years)
Created and produced Tender Beginnings: Music and Meditation for Birth and Beyond, double CD, endorsed by Lamaze International and sold in the U.S. and Europe through Childbirth Graphics. http://www.childbirthgraphics.com/index.php/music-and-meditations-for-birth-and-beyond-cd-set-2.html
Oasis Counseling & Enrichment...helping you find your inner oasis of healing, creativity and growth.
Oasis Counseling & Enrichment
201 Main Suite 9
Parkville, MO 64152
Thank you for choosing Oasis!